Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, island country lying in the Indian Ocean and separated from peninsular India by the Palk Strait. It is located between latitudes 5Â°55′ and 9Â°51′ N and longitudes 79Â°41′ and 81Â°53′ E and has a maximum length of 268 miles (432 km) and a maximum width of 139 miles (224 km). Proximity to the Indian subcontinent has facilitated close cultural interaction between Sri Lanka and India from ancient times. At a crossroads of maritime routes traversing the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka has also been exposed to cultural influences from other Asian civilizations. Ancient Greek geographers called it Taprobane. Arabs referred to it as Serendib. Later European mapmakers called it Ceylon, a name still used occasionally for trade purposes. It officially became Sri Lanka in 1972. The distinctive civilization of Sri Lanka, with roots that can be traced back to the 6th century bce, is characterized by two factors: the preservation of Theravada Buddhism (the orthodox school of Buddhism having its literary traditions in the Pali language) and the development over two millennia of a sophisticated system of irrigation in the drier parts of the country. This civilization was further enriched by the influences of Hinduism and Islam.
When you decide to visit a foreign country, you require the documentation of approval from the country that you wish to visit. This document is known as the visa, but there is a problem which arises while applying for a regular visa – there are long queues at the embassies, where you may have to stand for hours on end before you can fill in the application. It is a long and tedious procedure.
This process has been made much easier with the advent of an online provision for the same . All you have to do, now, is file the application online on the website for the US Citizens’ visa to Sri Lanka and you can get the approval online. The entire process is online, including the payment for the e-visa.
1. Passport must have a validity of at least six months from the date of arrival in India.
2. The passport must have at least two blank pages in case stamping needed to be done by the Immigration Officer.
3. International Travellers are required to have a return ticket or an onward journey ticket and may be asked at the airpport to be furnished.
4. Tourists must travel with sufficient money to spend during the stay in India.
5. For Business Travel one must have his or her business card or a letter from the company for the purpose of travel.
6. For Medical Purpose, a person must have a letter from the Hospital on their letterhead where the treatment is supposed to happen.
I’m visiting Cochin in October for the first time, during which time I’ll be flying to Sri Lanka, then to Singapore, and finally back to Cochin the day before flying back home. Since the E Tourist Visa is only single entry, would it make sense to take less time to get 2 single-entry Etv’s, or does it make more sense to take the additional time to get a multiple-entry visa. I know the limit on Etv’s is 2/year, which isn’t an issue for me. Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me!
Most people plan their trips well in advance in order to ensure that they have a flight, a hotel room, a valid entry visa, and anything else required for their trip. While this is definitely the best way to ensure that your vacation goes smoothly, when it comes to your travel visa, it’s important to make sure that it will be valid in time for your trip.
Eligibility for E visa to Sri Lanka for US Citizens
1. International travellers whose sole objective for visiting Sri Lanka is recreation, sight seeing,casual visit to visit friends and relatives, attending a short term yoga programme, medical treatment including treatment under Sri Lankan systems of medicine, business purpose, as attendant to e-Medical visa holder, attending a conference/ seminar/ workshop organized by a Ministry or Department of the Government of Sri Lanka, State Governments or UT Administrations etc. & their subordinate/ attached organizations & PSUs and no other purpose/activity.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
3. International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in Sri Lanka.
4. International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Sri Lankan Mission.
5. Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
6. Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
7. Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
8. The delivery times are not applicable for Sri Lankan and Chinese Passport Holders. For these nationalities the delivery time is 5 business days in case of urgent processing and 10 business days in case of normal processing.
The information provided on your visa application should be identical to the information that appears in your passport (if you hold more than one passport, then the information should be identical to the one with which you’re travelling to Sri Lanka), including your name, passport number, place of birth, etc.
Any discrepancy between the details you provide on your online application and the information on the passport, can cause the officers at the port of entry to reject your evisa and prevent you from entering the country.
Since February 1st 2017, the Government of Vietnam has implemented the e-Visa. The new online process simplifies the procedures to enter Vietnam by allowing travellers to apply directly online for a visa. Hence, there is no more need to apply for an “approval letter”, which require to queue, process and pay an additional stamp for “visa on arrival” once arrived to Vietnam.
What’s Vietnam e-Visa?
The e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization from the Vietnam Government for up to 30 consecutive days, issued in PDF format. It is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in the passport. The e-Visa is an entry requirement to travel to and within Vietnam for any of the following reasons:
Office, Organization of Economy, Culture, Technology, Non-Government
1. Who is eligible for an e-Visa?
Vietnam is currently launching a pilot e-Visa system for citizens from 46 countries.
2. How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is processed within 03 working days after the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed application and full e-Visa fee.
3. How long is an e-Visa valid for?
An e-Visa is single entry and valid for amaximum of 30 days.
4. What is the minimum passport expiry date required to apply for an e-Visa?
According to Vietnam Law, the visa expiry date must be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date. Therefore, an e-Visa expiry date must also be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date.
We are from Ireland and have booked an EVisa (tourist 30 day/ single entry) through the governments official website. We will arrive in Hanoi airport. Do we need anything else or once we have our print out will that be enough? On our visa the arrival airport is Hanoi and departure airport is Ho chi minh.
Also, we are making two internal flights from Hanoi to Hoi an and then from Hoi An to Ho chi minh. I know it might sound like a silly question but will our 30 day visa will still be enough as we are not leaving the country only flying internally? would just like some clarification. Many thanks.